Thursday, February 21, 2013

  
 THROW YOU A LINE

I record thoughts that are beautiful
painful, useful 
hoping to flush out the truth 
and cleanse myself 
hoping my pain will heal many 
and the oceans I cried weren't in vain
Nor my suffering 
nor the chains 
could it be possible 

Then when you read my lines 
they become a bridge 
reaching through space and mind
That we can meet each other on
Reason and hold hands
And just know
That we struggle not alone

I hope if ever you're drowning 
I can throw you a line in 
To pull you back from deaths jaws
Or maybe you'll find enlightening
If by chance I penned the right thing
At the right time
I can be the catalyst 
to free your mind 

When you sit on the lonely park bench to read me 
my words will flow freely
like freshwater cleansing your soul 
I record my words
and send them out like gift baskets 
my task is to provoke healing in a sick situation 
with no ceiling 
 to stop them from stealing our very soul...

1 comment: