Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chrisette Michelle
HAIR HAIR HAIR

I was asked the question:
Why did you cut your hair?
Followed by an exclamation of:
you need a wig!
Here's my question:
When did I become an insignificant extension of my hair?
Nay!

My hair is an extension of me 
Not the other way
And is not a prerequisite for my beauty
But what you say is quite revealing
My low self esteemed, meddlesome one:
If hair (yours or bought) is what defines you
Who are you without your hair,
your weave, your perm, your wig?
All are just accouterments 
Accessories 
Not what your worth is.
I suppose you need makeup too
Can't live without maybeline or Mac?
Then I suggest you take your mind back
From vogue and black hair
It's not fair how they brainwash you 
And make you feel small
You must know 
You are beautiful just the way you are...

Here's my disclaimer: regular hair combs, brushing, showers and attire changes are strongly recommended on a daily basis. Even though we are already awesome, our dirt and natural colognes leaves a bit to be desired... 
Lol... #justmythoughts

-Moshia'

No comments:

Post a Comment